1. The new J. Stalin album ‘Prenuptial Agreement’. You know how we feel about the awesome ‘Gas Nation’ and we’re predicting and praying that this is his big moment. Damn, I gotta go and put ‘Cocaine Cowboys’ on now for the thousandth time… “Eeerday is the same in my hood, n****’.
2. The Dream – ‘Love King’. If this drops, then my life will be complete (er…that’s just me aka Rob).
3. Our continued love affair with The Social bar – a nicer set of staff you’ll find nowhere (what up Carlos, Danny, Bona, Tim, Musa, Bruno, Matt, Melina, (other) Tim, Valentino, Joseph!) Hip Hop Karaoke is now twice a month and our monthly Southern Hospitality event is the jump-off! Dates for Jan:
January 7th – Hip Hop Karaoke
January 21st – Hip Hop Karaoke
January 29th – Southern Hospitality
4. More mixtapes from the SH crew – beginning with ‘All Black Everything’ (coming very soon!) If you missed any – we have an extensive archive right HERE.
5. The return of Big P.O.P.E..
6. G-Side – ‘Speed Of Sound’ – the upcoming soon to be classic album, not the already classic song of the same name. We know we’re being hopeful for a 2010 drop, but even if we have to wait a bit longer for CP and crew to take things all the way live and achieve musical perfection, then that’s all good with us too.
7. Sleepy D to drop ‘Sleepy Deprivation’. The D-Lo album still sounds like future and we need another fix.
8. Huntsville International alumni Bentley and Kristmas, who blew us all away with their verses on ‘In The Rain’ and ‘Rising Sun’ respectively off G-Side’s dope album disguised as a dope mixtape (as well as their dope solo junts Strap and Dopeman’s Girlfriend) to drop some solo material we can really sink our teeth into in the new year. Quality controlled, we hope, by Codie G – the man that makes Huntsvegas and Bama look good (like Michael Jackson ‘Thriller’ good.)
9. The beginning of ‘Everyday People’ Friday Night Party @ The Prince, Brixton with our man Prankster. This is one event I can’t wait to kick off, gonna be so much fun. Prankster is both a good friend of the crew and an incredible emcee. First date – Friday 8th January – cure those back to work blues with the Dynamic Duo playing all the good music until the early hours!
10. The Terrace Martin album. Superix needs more of that good old West Coast funk right now – it’s as essential to him as breathing!
11. Swishahouse to come back with a vengeance and some new improved slow roll Houston funk.
12. The G-Side/Slow Motion Soundz European tour…
13. The continuing wisdom of Maynholup. You want some truth – follow this man, mayn.
14. The Cole Boyz – ‘Da Heartz Of Dixie’. These guys take it somewhere else and this could be the Country Rap album of the year.
15. More quality artist-focused mixtape projects courtesy of ATL’s man on the rise, DJ Burn One (especially Yelawolf‘s ‘Trunk Muzik’, which drops on New Year’s Day, and there’s talk of a Project Pat tape so stay tuned the fuck in. Freal) – plus more quality country rap music via his production team Mick Vegas.
16. For R-Les and Cassie to reunite in the studio and finally get her sophomore out. Oh yeah, and Leslie can drop another album whilst he’s in prolific mode – we’re never gonna be mad at that.
17. A prosperous year for all our good friends on both sides of the Atlantic who are out DJing/promoting nights to the masses and sharing the good music that needs to be heard. The same goes for all our friends in the blogging community, see our blog roll for Southern Hospitality’s closest affiliates.
18. Cousin Fik’s ‘No Gravity’, E-40′s ‘Revenue Retrievin’…in fact anything from the Sick Wid It camp! Plus, if we get some new Turf Talk? Now that would really be something.
19. Spin Doctor’s ‘On The Real’ night with ‘Trill London’ – two floors of party music from all area codes @ Plan B, Brixton with Southern Hospitality DJs running through the regional rap classics, whilst the big dog Spin holds it down upstairs with London’s best DJs like Shortee, MK and Mr. Thing. First event of the new year – Friday 22nd January.
20. Bobby Brackins to blow like he should.
21. As much music from Three 6 and friends as they can muster. Seriously, between Paul, Juice, Pat and Wyte these boys had 2009 on lock.
22. ‘Alabama United’. A track that exists only in our minds, but that we hope will come into fruition in 2010. The track will of course be produced by the Block Beattaz, overseen by Codie G, and will feature any combination of the following: G-Side, Paper Route Gangstaz, Bentley, Dirty, G-Mane, Kristmas, Cole Boyz, Untamed, Yelawolf, 6 Tre Gangsta, Jackie Chain, Swagzilla, Stackamil, Cunta and Monster, King David and Betta Half.
23. A fresh album from Mistah F.A.B. – we haven’t forgotten you Fabby!
24. Sade returning to the game.
25. More artists making weird music: Lil B, we salute you!
Good health and luck for the crew and all family and friends – 2009 wasn’t the best.