Behind every real man…
…are thousands of incredible female vocal tracks. These are just some of them. As part three of the ‘Real Man Music’ series, it was time to share some of my personal female favourites. Mixed/compiled live as usual, this is still some quiet storm, emotional business from well known artists like Aretha, Kate Bush, Nina Simone etc. and perhaps lesser knowns like Karen Pree and Jaibi making it 70+ minutes of midtempo, slow and (hella) slow jams that define the music I listen to on the regular.
Kick back to this one and I hope you enjoy the music as much as me.
Real Man Music 3 – Behind Every Real Man
- Love, Need And Want You – Patti Labelle
- Tryin To Get To You – Valerie Carter
- This Time Last Summer – Nancy Wilson
- Sparkle – Aretha Frankin
- Let’s Wait A While – Janet Jackson
- No One In This World – Anita Baker
- I Can’t Love Anymore – Teena Marie
- Hatful Of Stars – Cyndi Lauper
- You’ve Gotten To Me – Karen Pree
- Hey That’s No Way to Say Goodbye – Roberta Flack
- So Far Away – Carole King
- You Got Me – Jaibi
- He’s A Runner – Cass Elliot
- The Wind – Laura Nyro
- This Woman’s Work – Kate Bush
- My Father – Nina Simone
- Smokin Room – Chaka Khan
- How Many Days – Syreeta
- This Girl’s In With Love You – Dionne Warwick
p.s. Once again I got to say a huge thank you to the homie Davey Boy Smith for hooking me up a dope cover once again, track-marking the mix and generally making sure things are right…before I’d barely had chance to even ask him. Too damn good.